Wednesday 22 February 2012

Album cover idea's

Due to looking at several examples of other abstract album covers and different album covers of Miley Cyrus I have come up with a few initial idea's for my own album cover, but not yet a final idea, are a few things which I would consider doing...


On a recent trip to New York, I took several photo's of the sky whilst on the plane, as I wanted to make the cover abstract, I was thinking of incorporating one/some of these photo's into the background. I would  probably use Photoshop to edit out the plane wings as they aren't really relevant though.







Although I am yet to decide what type of photo I want of my artist I have considered using the effect of adding noise to the photo to go on the front cover as it stands out and fits in with it being abstract.



Using inspiration from the video 'Somebody That I Used To Know' by Gotye, I came up with the idea of having taking a photo of my artist topless against a plain white background, with her back facing the camera and her head facing to the side then different shades of blue paint on her back, similar to the sky photo's I took, which I would then add to be the background using Photoshop. Many of the shots in my music video are outside, especially the ending and there are a lot of sky shots, so I think the colour blue and the sky background would be good at representing the video. 




Still using inspiration from this music video, I came up with an idea more similar to this one, but having a painted background and then the artist painted with the same pattern as the background so she fitted in with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment