Wednesday 22 February 2012

Examples of abstract album covers

My first idea's for the album cover were to make it abstract so I began to look at examples of other previous abstract covers. 

This particular album cover stood out to me due to the amount of things going on and the amount that it represents. The smaller things coming out of the persons head could represent things he enjoys or maybe things which have inspired him or the songs on this album. The way the persons face is abstract too with different colours looks very effective and matches some of the colours in the smaller photo's. 





 I really like this abstract cover and it stood out a lot to me due to the fact that it is a normal photo of someone  just with something abstract added to it and the actual photo hasn't been changed. I also like the way it doesn't look too organised, and the colour that's been put across the face isn't a block of colour and includes different shades and tones. I definitely would consider doing something like this for my album cover. 



The colours really stand out in the abstract cover and the reflection of it makes it look more unusual, in a good way. The centre also stands out a lot and looks like light. If I came up with a good enough idea I would consider doing something like this for my album cover too. However, I would prefer using my album artist on the cover and not just something totally abstract as it reflects the artist more and audiences will know what album it is if the artist is on the cover. 




Out of all four of these examples, this one is the one I prefer the most and would definitely consider doing something similar for my own album cover. I like how the photo hasn't been edited too much but yet has still been made into something abstract, especially the dripping of the fingers as if it is paint. If I were to do something similar I would probably make the photo of the artist more real, broad and bigger on the cover and I would use colours that reflect the artist, and colours that are ones that shown in my music video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment