Tuesday 25 October 2011

21/10/11- Testing of Jess in green room

Throughout my music video I wanted several different shots of Jess performing in front of the green screen. So to test out what this would look like I brought her to Wyke College to have a practice. It was very practical to do this as it was Jess's first time performing in front of me, me using the video camera, therefore coming to terms with all of the different things I could do with it. And also getting to know how to use other things, such as the lighting in a correct way. For example, in one of the shots of Jess singing I used the rule of thirds and placed Jess on the left, but because I wanted her in the light for her to stand out and the majority of the shot in the darkness I had a chance to experiment with the lights to try and get the setting exactly how I wanted it.

I originally wanted to use the actual green screen to film against, however once I had set the camera and lights up I decided I wanted to just stick to a white background. I did this because I had previously told Jess to look plain on the day of filming, a black vest stop and jeans. Consequently, the contrast of the black top and white background worked well together.

I think testing these skills and bringing Jess to Wyke turned out to be a very good idea, i managed to make almost every shot exactly how i wanted it to be, and Jess was very professional and serious about what she was doing. I will definitely be bringing Jess back to Wyke to have another practice, however, the footage I already have could be good enough to use too. Throughout the day I asked several of my teachers, as well as other media students to come into the green room and view what was going on to gain feedback, fortunately the feedback I received was very positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment