Wednesday 26 October 2011

Inspirational music video: Rihanna- We Found Love




Before I had seen this video I had already analysed the lyrics to my chosen song and have just started to produce storyboards. However Jess, the main actor I am using for my music video suggested I watched this video. I did so, and was very inspired. The genre of the song is very different to the song I have chosen, yet it still conveys concepts of a relationship between a two people. However the relationships themselves are very different too, the one conveyed in this music video shows drugs, alcohol, parties etc. being involved, whereas I want to convey innocence in my music video when it comes to the two people in the relationship.

The main inspiration I gained from this specific music video is the 'argument scene' it helps tell the narrative a lot more and establishes how the two people now feel about each other. After watching this scene I realised that in my lyrics analysis I had planned to convey scenes showing how the girl is giving the boy up, yet I had not given any clue on why in fact she has to give him up. So now I have decided to add an 'argument scene' into the video. This will, not fully, but slightly explain one of the reasons why their relationship has to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment