Tuesday 15 November 2011

Test Footage

All of the following clips are footage of the first actor (Jess) who I first used to be in my music video. Although I am not using these specific clips I am still using the same shots but for my new actor. I received feedback from these clips therefore I am referring to these as first drafts and now when I re-film I know what to do and what not to do.

This clip is a medium close-up of the actors back; I was going to include this in the 'body shots' sequence of the music video. In the clip I used the tri-pod to pan, showing the full width of her back, the plan is not very smooth and doesn’t stay at a consistent speed so when I re-shoot this with the new actor I will need to make sure i improve on this.




 
This clip is an extreme close-up of the actors face when she was crying; again the pan isn’t very good so I will need to improve on this, especially as it is an extreme close-up so it will need to be slower.




 
This clip is an extreme close-up of the actor’s eyes, then her looking down. I used lighting specifically on the left side of her face to give a shadow to the right side. This is effective so I will definitely be using this technique when I re-shoot. However the camera is slightly slanted so her eyes don’t look in line.




 
This clip is of the actor sat on a chair in her garden on her phone. I think the shot would have been acceptable to use If I was still using this actor. However the camera slightly moves/shakes.


 
This clip is of the actor swirling her hand around in a circular motion, I wanted to include this shot in my video as it links with the lyrics 'they surround in my head every night'. I placed a light below so the shadow of her hand is on the wall and makes the shot look effective. However I will not be using this shot when I re-shoot the video.





This clip is of the actor against a white background singing the song. I wanted to place the actor of the right using the rule of thirds but unfortunately part of her body goes in the centre. On the other hand, I will still be using this idea when I re-shoot this scene but will make sure I place my actor in the correct place.



This clip is a close-up of the tea-stained quote which was one of the props I used to film. I'm not sure whether or not I will be using this exact shot/idea when I re-shoot but I will definitely be re-using the shot.


 
This clip is of Jess using one of the props (the tea stained quote) and placing it on a mirror then looking at it. I did this to fit in with the narrative, showing Jess reading the quote looking sad yet also happy as she is believing in the quote which is 'What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger'. Although the idea I had fits with the narrative, I wont be re-shooting this shot with the new actor.










No comments:

Post a Comment