Friday 30 March 2012

Digipack images-1


This is my final front cover for the digipack which I created on Adobe Photoshop to be used in conjunction with my music video. As you can see I have stuck with some of my original planning idea's, the main one being the background of the photo with the different colours. Whilst painting these colours, which were only supposed to be different shades of green and blue, I decided to added other colours such as red's and oranges, once I had finished painting and put sheets up against the green screen I was glad I went through with this as it brings more colour to the photo and stand out a lot more. In the end, I decided to not use my idea of adding noise to the photo or adding the photo of the sky to make it look abstract. I decided this due to viewing the photo's with just the painted back grounded, and thought that this was enough for the front cover, anything else added in my opinion would have made it look quite disorganised. 

After viewing several different examples of other artists front covers I found that most looked the most effective and stood out the most to me when the artist was placed in the centre with the artist name across them, which is why I decided to also use this idea. Because of the background being colourful and the artist wearing black I thought the contrast would work out well if I put the font colour in white. To make it stand out   even more I then added an outer glow to the font which was the colour of one of the oranges I had painted. I think doing this makes the album cover look more professional and also makes the white look softer and not as if it is just a block colour. I then did the same with the album title 'Giving You Up' in a smaller font underneath. The rectangular block placed in the bottom left hand corner refers to the album being a CD but also including a DVD, I felt it was compulsory to include this and also mentioning the special features included within it to help publish the album and it's popularity in the correct way. 

Overall, I am happy with the front cover for the album. I thought a lot about what I wanted whilst planning. And I hope the conventions for it are clearly visible to target audiences. In conjunction with the music video I don't think you would automatically assume they go together perfectly, apart from me using the same artist. However there are certain things within the album cover which relate to the music video. For example, the clothes I have put my model in which mostly relate to the song 'Giving You Up'. I wanted her to be partly exposed as the lyrics to the song is the artist being very honest about her feelings, 'exposing herself'. I also decided to put her in black clothes too as the song Giving You Up specifically is quite sad and refers to forgetting someone, which isn't always the nicest thing to be doing and can put you in a dark place, dark referring to her black clothes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment