Friday 30 March 2012

Digipack images-5


The second ancillary text I chose to create was a magazine advertisement for the artist to help promote the album, therefore for this to be successful I made it look very similar to the album itself, by using the same background, the same font with the same font colour and outer glow, and photo to show aspects of the artist exposed, similar to the artist photo on the front cover of the album. Again I have placed the artist in the centre  of the photo so the main focus is on her. And I have also stretched the text name of the artist across the photo like I did with the album cover. The text is placed slightly over the artists head, at first I was going to place the certain letters that are on her behind her, but once I tried this I thought that it looked too much like a magazine cover and not just an advertisement. To add to the conveying of the fact that this is an advertisement I made sure to put 'New Album' I also added the album name below the artist name too so audiences are aware of the album as well as the artist. I also added star ratings from other review magazines to this advertisements specifically for the audience so they already know a valid opinion on the album before actually listening to it, I added an outer glow to these stars in the same colour as the album so that they stood out, without the glow they looked too bold on the page and didn't fit in with other texts on the page. If I were to change anything on this magazine advertisement it would be the positioning of things, I would move the artist more to the left of the page so that I could then place the photo of the album underneath the actual reviews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment